Were you in the Cloud for Dorian?
Hurricane Dorian was a good practice for us and many of our customers to prepare for hurricanes, test shutdown/start procedures and refine DRP plans.
So what did you learn?
There are several things we have done to improve our own readiness including:
- Moved our file storage to the Cloud – we moved all of our files to Zoho WorkDrive in the last quarter. This allows us to access them from anywhere, and we did not have to worry about having access to them when we shut down.
- Quote tools moved to the Cloud – we moved our quote tool to Connect Sell earlier this year and did not have to worry about shutting it down, backing it up or restoring it.
- Our phones have been in CloudTalk VoIP for some time!
- Our email has been in Office 365 for years so we had access to email the entire week.
- Processes – we continue to refine our processes including what we tell customers and employees leading up to the hurricane. This really improved our shutdown and startup, and let us focus on serving customers who needed help
- Communicating with employees – we converted to Zoho Cliq as a way of group messaging last quarter and it worked great to communicate with everybody over the last few days to let them know when the office was closing, checking in with everybody’s status, and letting them know when we would re-open.
We are still making improvements but were very happy with how our team performed, and with how our processes worked. If you are interested in moving to the cloud, or want to talk about cloud strategies and hurricane preparedness, please contact your ComRes representative at 954-462-9600!